Your guests‘ reviews offer a great deal of potential: you can see how pleased guests are with your hotel’s service, facilities etc. and what you can improve on. The more reviews you have, the further up you’ll appear in the popularity rankings of your region, meaning you’ll be found more quickly.
Reviews are also the basis for many guests‘ booking decisions. Using these tips, we want to make it easier for you to collect reviews:
- Address your guests personally
As soon as your guests have spent a night in your hotel, they are welcome to review your hotel on HolidayCheck. Why not mention it to your guests when they check out? Learn more about the rules and conditions of actively speaking to guests in the HolidayCheck Code of Conduct.
- Send a post–stay email*
Send an email to your guests once they’ve gone home following their stay at your hotel. Thank them for having been your guests and include a direct link to your hotel’s review channel on HolidayCheck. This process can easily be automated.
- Inform your guests about the benefits of reviews on HolidayCheck
Your guests can share their opinion to help others find their perfect hotel and also collect up to 200 miles with our partners. Let them know what the benefits are.
- Free HolidayCheck promotion material
Remind your guests to write a review using HolidayCheck’s professional promotional materials (only available in German), including review cards, an email signature, and reception signs.
- “Review us on HolidayCheck” sticker (only available in German)
Place a “Review us on HolidayCheck” sticker at your main entrance to remind your guests to review your hotel. Please contact us to order a sticker free of charge: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note that according to the BGH judgement VI ZR 225/17 of 10th July 2018, follow-up return e-mails are regarded as advertising. If you wish to contact your guests by e-mail with a review request without legal risk, you should always obtain the permission of your guests. Background and further information about the judgement can be found here (only available in German).